Thursday, July 27, 2006

I've rediscovered my perfect limbosolitude

Yes, this is what I wanted. To wake up whenever, preferably late, walk late at night, far, and be timeless, without responsibility in a place where all is new, often beautiful, where stories, even history are evoked at every turn.

Alma and I discovered Palermo Hollywood today. Also beautiful, interesting. We sat outside at a parilla while women doted on my dog and discovered, the hard way, how little spanish I spoke. Oh well, still time for that.

And then there's delicious beef as well!

I'm so happy, so fortunate, to have rediscovered the feeling I had while living in Berlin, Siena, Rome and Paris. The endless wandering, where it is all journey and not at all destination. It is not without solitude, not without loneliness, but they are fine in their own way and hardly unexpected.

Yes, this is what I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home